Blog Mentoring 101
The role of a TruthMedia blog mentor is different from that of an email or prayer mentor.
The blog mentor engages in conversation with the visitors who are commenting on the blog, encouraging them to discuss life on a deeper level and leading them into chat or email mentoring when they are ready.
A few tips for connecting a visitor on the blog with chat or mentoring:
- Blog mentoring is unique from other mentoring because the conversations are taking place in a public area. Anyone can view and engage in it. Therefore, blog mentors must be aware that they cannot mentor in the ways they may use to in a private email scenario.
- Blog mentors are there to monitor blog activity and help encourage conversations towards a deeper, more spiritual place. If the conversations reach that point, they should provide a way for the visitor to connect with a mentor one-on-one, letting the visitor know they can confide in a mentor who will be there for them personally. They should not ask for personal details on the blogs themselves.
- When the visitor is ready to connect one-on-one with an email mentor, there are simple links the blog mentor can provide in their response on the blog:
- Chat: http://powertochange.com/discover/chat/
- Talk to a Mentor: http://powertochange.com/discover/talk-to-a-mentor/
- Prayer: http://powertochange.com/discover/need-prayer/
Each blog visitor’s journey will be unique. Some will be ready for a spiritual conversation from day one, others will need time. Blog mentors are ready and willing to walk alongside each of them as they take the next step in their journey.