Prayer Mentors respond to the visitors who have sent in prayer requests to the websites, pray for them in the email, and share either the gospel or the Spirit-filled life with the visitor, inviting them to further interaction. Read more tips for getting started in email prayer mentoring.
The role of a prayer mentor involves the following:
- answering prayer requests submitted on TruthMedia websites
- praying and sharing scriptures with visitors
- Encouraging them to respond back
- Sharing the hope of Christ by including links to the gospel and Holy Spirit presentation
- Presenting the opportunity for visitors to take the “next step” in their relationship with Jesus. Let them know that they can know Christ or have a deeper relationship with Him.
- Checks the mentor system on a regular basis for any incoming requests (suggested daily or at least 3 times a week)
- Communicating with the Community Leader regarding vacations and time away
- Opportunity to see God at work in people’s lives
- Opportunity to intercede for others
- Opportunity to serve at your own pace
- Training is quick and easy to follow
- Opportunity to deepen one’s dependence upon and trust in God