Devoted followers of Jesus Christ who come alongside visitors with questions and problems by providing responses to email requests, praying for them and encouraging them to take the next steps in their spiritual journey.
The role of a mentor involves the following:
• Committing to encourage others on their spiritual journey toward an authentic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Praying for the site visitor in the body of the email
• Sharing the hope of Christ by including links to the gospel and Holy Spirit presentation and directing them to further resources.
• Speaking the truth with love through referencing a scripture verse rather than encouraging visitors to depend on our word.
• Pointing visitors towards maximizing the grace of God in his/her life and service.
• Checks the mentor system on a regular basis for any incoming requests (suggested daily or at least 3 times a week)
• Communicating with the Community Leader regarding vacations and time away
• Opportunity to join God as He works in lives of people around the world
• Opportunity to serve at your own pace
• Training is quick and easy to follow
• Opportunity to deepen one’s dependence upon and trust in God
• Challenge to grow in effectiveness at sharing your faith(evangelism)
• Opportunity to walk beside our site visitors as they develop a growing relationship with Jesus Christ(discipleship)