Devoted followers of Jesus Christ who come alongside visitors who post comments on the blogs by providing responses to comments, engaging further discussion, and providing related resources. Read more tips for getting started in blog mentoring.
The role of a blog mentor involves the following:
- Staying informed about topics being posted on the blog
- Reading comments about the posts and respond, providing resources and links and directing the discussion
- Ending responses with a question
- Committing to encourage others on their spiritual journey toward an authentic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ(site specific)
- Praying for the site visitor in the blog comment(site specific)
- Sharing the hope of Christ by including links to the gospel and Holy Spirit presentation and directing them to further resources.
- Speaking the truth with love through referencing a scripture verse(site specific)
- Pointing visitors towards maximizing the grace of God in his/her life
- Signing up for Feed Blitz to receive notification of new posts and comments
- Opportunity to engage in discussion with believers and non-believers on a variety of topics
- Opportunity to see God at work in people’s lives
- Opportunity to serve at your own pace
- Opportunity to deepen one’s dependence upon and trust in God